CALL US 317-255-6692
Northside Baptist Church began as a mission on March 10, 1963, sponsored locally by First Southern Baptist Church (now Fall Creek Baptist.) A lot of our financial support during our early stage came from Southwayside Baptist Church, Ft. Worth, Texas. The first meeting took place at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Gene Lake and the third in the Washington Township Fire Station on 71st Street. Our first permanent home was in the old fire station at 1619 Haynes Avenue in Ravenswood. Rev. Gene Lake became our mission pastor and ultimately our first pastor. The church was constituted on December 31, 1963, and became the 1500th church in the Great Lakes states affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention. The church was organized with 26 charter members. Our Present Church property was acquired in September, 1963, for $17,500. The first auditorium and educational wing were completed in March 1965. Our current auditorium was constructed in 1982.